Thursday, January 12, 2017

Ramen Spring Roll Bowl (no noodles)

Day4
Ramen Spring Roll Bowl (no noodles)
RATINGS  Me:10  Husband:Out of Town  Kids:0 plus a "ewww"
Ramen Bowls are my favorite, I usually make this once a week and would make it more but it is sooo much prep.  This is a modified version to fit in the nutrition challenge parameters.  Usually the dressing has a sweetener in to like honey or maple syrup that I left out.  Also it usually has rice noodles.

Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min  Total Time: 40 min Servings:2
 Bowl Ingredients
  •  2 hard boiled eggs cut in half
  • 1/4 cup cucumbers sliced
  • 1/2 avocado sliced
  • 1/4 cup carrots (I like the rainbow baby carrots) thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup peppers (I like to do a combo of red. yellow, orange, and green) thinly sliced
  • 2 radishes thinly sliced
  • 2 tbsp scallions thinly sliced
  • 1 jalapeno thinly sliced*
  • 3/4 cup shredded chicken or other protein
  • 3 tbsp chopped up herb combo of basil/mint/cilantro (this makes this dish)
Dressing Ingredients
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • ¼ cup broth**
  • ¼ tsp red pepper
  • 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
  • ⅓ cup lime juice
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
 Instructions
  1. Combine all of the bowl ingredients
  2. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in the food processor.  
  3. Pour dressing in a microwave safe dish and warm.
  4.  Pour the dressing over the bowl ingredients.  You will have extra dressing for the rest of the week.
Notes
  1. * I like my food spicey.  To modify to be less spicy you can de-seed the jalapeno or use less.  You can also cut back on the spiceyness of the dressing with the pepper seasoning. 
  2. **I used broth from my crock pot shredded chicken I make at the beginning of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment